Many thanks to all to joined us on Wednesday for the first in a series of local events. We had over 40 speakers and 20 workshops for the event. We are looking forward to the next stop and welcome speakers, sponsors and exhibitors to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if they are interested in participating in future local events.
The press release below captures the essence of the event and provides a complete list of speakers and supporting organizations.
Thanks for the support.
Arden Media to Host Austin Tech and Job Expo
on June 24, 2009
Event Kicks off Global Tour of Tech and Job Expos
Austin Chamber of Commerce to hold press conference at Expo to announce findings of
ground-breaking initiative on green collar jobs and smart energy
AUSTIN, Texas, June 22, 2009 -- Arden Media Company, the new publisher of RCR Wireless News and owner of other media properties, announced today that it will host the Tech and Job Expo on June 24 at the Palmer Events Center in Austin. The event is being presented in partnership with the Austin Technology Council and with the support of national and local business, professional and industry associations. The Austin Tech and Job Expo is the first event of a multi-city, international tour of Tech and Job Expos hosted by Arden Media.
The Expo will feature a press conference hosted by the Austin Chamber of Commerce announcing the details of the report of the Chamber's Green Job Task Force, a key study of smart energy deployment and green job creation that could lead to the creation of more than 25,000 new jobs in the region. Importantly, the results are expected to offer a blueprint that could be replicated in other cities and regions of the country. Following the press conference, there will be a keynote panel discussion of the report and an update on the Pecan Street Project. Participants in the panel discussion include representatives of the Austin Chamber of Commerce, Austin Energy, Cisco Systems, IBM, the University of Texas and Workforce Solutions.
"We're excited to be hosting this important event in Austin with the strong support of the Austin Technology Council," said Jeff Mucci, chief executive of Arden Media. "We also appreciate the full support of the Austin Chamber of Commerce and are seeing a lot of interest in the press conference they will be holding at the event to release the report of their Green Job Task Force. The schedule for the day has content that should appeal to participants at every level of the technology industry. There will be more than 30 senior executives from leading tech companies speaking at keynotes and technical and job- focused panels, and there will be cutting edge, interactive exhibits and workshops."
In addition to the range of informational segments of the Expo, there will also be events focused on existing and emerging jobs in the tech industry and the skills required for these jobs, providing an opportunity for companies and prospective employees to attend functions together and talk directly with each other. Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with peers and company representatives in the interactive exhibit area. Planned interactive exhibits include areas on mobile applications, tower infrastructure, gaming, the connected home and other topical subjects.
Green Job Task Force and Pecan Street Project
In March 2009 the Austin Chamber of Commerce undertook the organization and implementation of its Green Job Task Force. The report of the task force will provide a community roadmap for coordinating regional efforts to train and retain 25,000 Central Texas residents for green collar jobs and assist with the re-employment of unemployed Central Texans.
The Pecan Street Project is the nation's first and largest municipal-scale smart grid initiative that is aimed at developing a new energy system to enable multi-directional flow of data and electricity from a new energy grid. The grid would seamlessly interconnect energy storage, distributed generation, energy efficiency and electric vehicle technologies. It is projected that Austin's smart grid project has the potential to create over 25,000 jobs and attract $1 billion in investment for the region within the next 10 years.
The Pecan Street Project is led by the City of Austin, The Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce, Austin Energy, Austin Technology Incubator, Environmental Defense Fund and the University of Texas at Austin. Research and Strategic Support has been provided by Applied Materials, Cisco, Dell, Freescale, GE, GridPoint, IBM, Intel, Microsoft, Oracle and SEMATECH.
RCR Wireless News to be Sponsor
RCR Wireless News, which was recently acquired by Arden Media and is slated for relaunch in the third quarter of this year, is serving as a media sponsor for the event.
"We're particularly pleased to have acquired RCR Wireless News, which has built a reputation over many years as the leading source of information and intelligence in the wireless communications community," said Mucci. "We are working hard to prepare the publication for its relaunch with great attention to sustaining the editorial quality and insight that its loyal readers have come to expect. We want RCR to be involved in the Tech and Job Expos because we want it to be focused on connecting directly with its readers, and connecting directly with decision makers, companies, technologies and consumers, both through these events and through the online content will be providing going forward."
Event and Contact Information
For information on the Austin Tech and Job Expo, to learn more about speaking opportunities, or for more information on bringing a Tech and Job Expo to your city, please contact us at email@example.com.
For information on online, event or customer lead generation programs, please contact John Scarborough at 512 565 4912 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Arden Media Company
Arden Media Company connects tech, media and communications organizations with customers and talent through the following companies, which are owned and operated by Arden:
RCR Wireless News - Since 1982, the leading news source on all things wireless.
Telecomcareers - Since 1999, the # 1 Wireless and Telecom industry job board
ITjobs.net - Since 1999, a leading IT and Technical industry job board
Tech and Job Expo - A "local" event series connecting tech, media and communications
companies with industry professionals in 20 global markets
Tech and Job Magazine - A comprehensive guide "guide" to local, regional and global
industry associations, events and companies.
Visit http://www.ardenmediaco.com for more information about Arden Media.
Austin Tech & Job Expo
- Event will be held June 24, 2009 in Austin, Texas
- Location: Palmer Events Center, 900 Barton Springs Road
- Certain workshops begin at 8 am
- Austin Chamber of Commerce Press Conference is at 10:45 am
- Exhibit Hall open from 11:30 am to 8 pm
- Main Stage Presentations begin at 11:30 am
- After hours networking event begins at 5:00 pm
- Event is the first in planned multi-city international tour
- All details available on dedicated website, http://www.techjobexpo.com
- Willie Anderson, Vice President, Engineering, Qualcomm CDMA Technologies
- Tamara Atkinson, Deputy Director, External Affairs, Workforce Solutions - Capital Area Workforce Board
- Chad Bockius, Director of Product Marketing, Bazaarvoice
- Kathy Brabson, Regional VP/Operations, Central Texas Division, Time Warner Cable
- Sam Coursen, Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Freescale Semiconductor
- Adil Dalal, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Pinnacle Process Solutions, International TM
- Casey Dennis, Director of Network Engineering, Texas Region, Time Warner Cable
- Aimee Doane, Vice President of Operations, West Division, Suddenlink Communications
- Andrew Donoho, Owner, Donoho Design Group
- John C. Dupree, Vice President, Enterprise and Federal, Sprint Nextel
- Russ Finney, Vice President of Information Systems, Tokyo Electron
- Rodney Gibbs, Studio Head, Fizz Factor
- Wade Gilham, Marketing Director, Broadcast Division, Silicon Laboratories
- Iain Gillott, President, iGR, Inc.
- David Jenkins, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, WhiteboardSelling
- Jim Keeler, Ph.D., Chief Technology Officer, Wayport, now an AT&T company
- Ron Kifer, Group Vice President and CIO, Applied Materials
- Dawn Lacallade, Community Manager, Solarwinds
- Marny Lifshen, Marketing and PR Consultant, Speaker and Author
- Angela Loeb, Consultant
- Brad Massey, Certified Trainer and Franchise Owner, Sandler Sales Institute
- Courtney McCashland, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Talentmine
- Sean McDonald, Owner, Ant's Eye View
- Jack McDonald, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Perficient
- MaryBeth Mongillo, Founder and Owner, Factor5 Consulting
- William E. Morrow, CEO and Chairman, CSIdentity Corporation
- Thomas Myer, Owner, Triple Dog Dare Media
- Deborah Neal, Area Director, Enterprise, Sprint Nextel
- Elena Neira, WCP Liason, WCET Certification, IEEE ComSoc
- Carolyn Purcell, Director, Internet Business Solutions Group, Cisco Systems
- Melissa Simpler, Chief Executive Officer, Affinegy
- Helen Soto Knaggs, Director-External Affairs, Verizon
- Josh Stephens, Vice President of Technology aka Head Geek, Solarwinds
- Charlene Tomas, Austin Special Events Team Sales Manager, AT&T Mobility
- Shelly Van Dyke, Strategist & Market Analysit, Corporate Strategy, Freescale Semiconductor
- Jeff Vice, Director, Local Government Issues, Austin Energy
- Michael Webber, Ph.D., Associate Director, Center for International Energy and Environmental Policy, University of Texas at Austin
- Jim Welch, Corporate Vice President, North America Enterprise Markets, Enterprise Mobility Solutions, Motorola
- Connie Wharton, Entrepreneur and Leadership Development Expert
- Paul Williamson, Global Utilities and Energy Industry Solutions Architect, IBM
- Austin Technology Council
- Austin Chamber of Commerce
- Austin Chronicle
- Austin Human Resource Management Association
- Austin Wireless Alliance
- Association of Information Technology Professionals
- Women in Cable Telecommunications
- Digital Media Council/Skillpoint Alliance
- Independent Game Developers Association
- University of Texas Computing and Engineering
- St. Edwards Professional Development
- Austin Community College